May 10, 2016.
1. Introduction A. ClearLabs, Inc. (“ClearLabs,” “we,” or “us”) knows that you care how Personal Information about you is collected, used, shared and stored. “Personal Information” means information that personally identifies you, including your name, email address and business information.
2. Mobile Privacy We offer you the ability to connect with our mobile-optimized website but do not current offer a mobile application.
3. Based in the United States Although we operate internationally, ClearLabs is a corporation organized under the laws of the State of California. The servers that host this website are located in the United States, and any Personal Information you provide to us will be processed by ClearLabs in the United States. By using this Service, you will transfer data to the United States.
If you are visiting from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use, please note that you are agreeing to the transfer of your information to the United States and processing globally. By providing your information you consent to any transfer and processing in accordance with this Policy.
4. Personal Information We Collect or You May Provide A. You can visit our website without telling us who you are or revealing any Personal Information about yourself.
B. You provide us Personal Information when you complete the forms for “Join Our Beta” or “Contact Information” on the website:
Your name Your email address Company information
C. We may also collect Personal Information from you as a result of your email communications with us, requests for information, products or services, your posts on our website, completion of surveys, or to apply for employment.
D. You are required to enter your Personal Information as opposed to a third party on your behalf. You promise the Personal Information will be current, accurate, and complete to your best knowledge at the time provided and will use reasonable efforts to update all Personal Information as appropriate. Clear Labs disclaims any legal duty to verify the accuracy of any Personal Information you provide to us.
E. We may display personal testimonials on our website in addition to other endorsements. With your consent, we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at privacy@ClearLabs.com.
5. How We Use Your Personal Information: A. We compile, save, use and analyze your Personal Information to:
Register you as a user and to identify you when you sign in to your account Administer your account Provide recommendations Respond to your inquiries, customer service requests, complaints, or your job application Verify activity as we deem necessary Send you a newsletter or other promotional communications Conduct research and analyze data for our business purposes and to improve our Service or customize our communications with you Communicate with you
B. We share:
(i) Your Personal Information:
7. How We Store and Protect Your Personal Information: A. We may store Personal Information in locations outside our direct control (for instance, on servers or databases co-located with hosting providers). The security and protection of your Personal Information is important to us. We have implemented physical and technical security safeguards that reasonably and appropriately protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the personally identifiable and confidential information we receive, maintain, and transmit.
B. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our website, you can contact us privacy@ClearLabs.com.
8. Compromise of Personal Information: Personal Information, once released or shared, can be difficult to contain. We will notify promptly those affected by a security breach. Notwithstanding, ClearLabs: (a) is not responsible or liable for any consequences that may result because you have released or shared Personal Information with a third party; and (b) does not accept liability for any unintentional disclosure or a disclosure that occurs due to a security breach of our systems or facilities.
9. User Access and Choice A. You may, of course, decline to submit Personal Information to us; in which case, you may not be able to use certain Services.
B. You are free to access your Personal Information by contacting our Customer Service department by email at support@ClearLabs.com. You can request your Personal Information be modified by sending an email to us at support@ClearLabs.com with the words “UPDATE MY INFORMATION” in the subject line. We will not delete your Personal Information to the extent that it may be used in an aggregated, non-personally identifiable form to improve our Service. At any time, Clear Labs may require you submit additional Personal Information to verify your identity or to protect your security and privacy. For your information, please note that it is our practice to monitor and in some cases record calls for staff training and quality assurance purposes. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
10. Notification, Electronic Communication and Opt-Out A. You consent to our using your email address to send you service-related notices, including any notices required by law, in lieu of communication by postal mail. You may not opt out of some service-related communications.
B. Upon registration, or on other areas of the site, you may opt-in to receive periodic messages from us, including changes to services offered through our website, newsletters, promotions, and special offers. If you wish to subscribe to these emails, we will use your name and email address to send them to you. Out of respect for your privacy, you may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, accessing email preferences manager on your account settings page, or you can contact us at support@ClearLabs.com. Opting out may prevent you from receiving email messages regarding updates, improvements, or offers.
11. Children’s Privacy Our Service is for use by adults only. If you are not over 18 years of age, do not use this Website. We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. We do not intentionally collect Personal Information from any person we actually know is under the age of 18. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age 18, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any Personal Information from a child under 18, please contact us at inquiries@ClearLabs.com.
12. Cookies & Analytics/Log Files ClearLabs and our analytics and other service providers may use tracking technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags, and scripts to analyze trends, administer the Website, track users’ movements around the Website, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
A “cookie” is a small data file that we transfer to your computer’s hard disk.
Our third party partners use Local Shared Objects (Flash cookies) and Local Storage (HTML5) to provide certain features on our Website, to display advertising based on your web browsing activities, and/or to store content information and preferences. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5. To manage Flash cookies, please click here: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html.
We gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We do not link this automatically collected data to other information we collect about you.
We partner with a third party to either display advertising on our website or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third party partner may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this Website and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by clicking here (or if located in the European Union click here) Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads.
13. California Do Not Track: California law requires us to say how we respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. Because there is currently no industry or legal standard for recognizing or honoring DNT, we do not currently respond to DNT signals. We await the result of work by the privacy community and industry to determine when such a response is appropriate and what form it should take.
B. Our website may offer a publicly accessible blog. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be displayed publicly and read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog, contact us at support@ClearLabs.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
D. Among the vendors whose services we employ may be companies that help us deliver online advertisements such as banner ads. These companies may collect and use information you provide to us to better understand the offers, promotions, and types of advertising that are most appealing to our customers. After these third parties collect the information, it is aggregated so that it is not personally identifiable or tied to you or any other user. If you would prefer that these companies not collect your information, please email privacy@ClearLabs.com.